Are you planning to relocate to Italy anytime soon? If so, you should note that you will need some guides and tips throughout your journey. It will also require solid support from professionals. All international moves require solid research, planning, preparation.
iShip it Right as a high-quality shipping agency that can help you move anywhere, our professional agents are always there to help you with your international move anytime. Feel free to contact us anytime.
More about Italy
Acountry of south-central Europe, occupying a peninsula that juts deep into the Mediterranean Sea. Italy comprises some of the most varied and scenic landscapes on Earth and is often described as a country shaped like a boot.
5 Facts about Italy
- Italy is one of Western Europe’s youngest countries, Rome is over 2,000 years old.
- Tourists throw €1,000,000 into the Trevi fountain each year.
- Thirteens of Shakespeare’s 38 plays are set in Italy.
- Vatican City, in Rome, is the smallest country in the world.
- Italy is the fifth most visited country in the world.
How iShip it Right will help you move to Italy.
We will help you with everything from getting an initial survey about the move, therefore documents needed to flight affordability. Our agents will assist and guide you through your shipping process to make everything smooth.
- Your schedule: When do you need to be in Italy.
- Real estate plans: Will you be buying or renting a property?
- Your household size: Are you moving with your family?
- If you are moving to Italy and are already a citizen of the country and are traveling with goods, then the goods have previous use validity of 18 months.
- Goods are not for resale.
- Goods are imported within six months of the customer’s arrival.
- Passport (copy).
- Residence Visa.
- Work Permit.
- Inventory in Italian, signed by Customer and approved by Italian Consulate.
- Fiscal Number (Codice Fiscale, equivalent to an American social security number).
- Dichiarazione Sostitutiva di certificazione – provided by Destination Agent, completed and signed by client.
- Bill of Landing.
- Autocertificazione” – client attestation: of transfer of residence, family status, the value of goods.
- Power of Attorney.
- Letter from Employer –attesting to the client’s employment contract, start date.
Packing Tips and Requirements
Before you make your final decision, it would be best if you took precautions measurement. Traveling to Italy or any other country is difficult, therefore; causing it to the final step; please check these tips to make your move easier:
- Moving Day – Confirm your dates of action.
- Professional Packing: Hire professional packing teams. Such as iShip it right will do this for you.
- Get your documents ready and stamped.
- Cost of moving – please keep in mind. That what are the total expenses before making your final decisions?
- Make sure your moving company Ensures your move.
Prohibited & Restricted Items
- Pornographic Content.
- Animal skin, fur.
- Food Products.
- Firearms, Weapons, Combat knives.
- Antiques, Pictures, Art, Carpets.
- Alcohol and tobacco.
Motor Vehicle Rules
A customer can bring his/her vehicle duty-free if he/she has used it for more than one year abroad.
Document require for motor vehicle
- Italian Fiscal Code.
- Certificate of Registration.
- Commercial Purchase Invoice.
- Driving License.
- Insurance Policy.
- Certificate of Vaccication.
- Health Certificate by specialized Vet.
- Certificate of origin.
Call Our International Moving Agents and also get help related to international shipping.