Are you moving to Belgium? You’ll need to plan and prepare numerous documents and your moving timeline before you head across the globe. And the last thing you want to worry about is the logistics of a complicated move. So you will be needing the assistance of professional international movers. iShip it right is here to help you in this regard. We will help you with your international move. We will keep a checklist maintain and will update you with every procedure.
Move to Belgium
Don’t let your overseas relocation become a worry -you should be focusing on your new life in Belgium. Give iShipt it Right a call today!
More about Belgium
Belgium, actually a kingdom of Belgium is a country in western Europe.
It is bordered by the Netherlands to the north, Germany to the east. Capital and largest city: Brussels.
Official languages include dutch, german, french. The total population is around 11million. Currency: Euro.
Interesting facts about Belgium
- Belgium holds the world record for the longest period without a government.
- Belgium produces more than 220,000 tons of chocolate per annum.
- The Zaventem airport is the place where chocolate is being sold the most in the world.
- Robert Cailliau, co-inventor of the World Wide Web, is a Belgian.
- The highest point in Belgium is lower than the world’s tallest building
- Belgians pay among the highest tax rates in Europe.
- Belgium’s highway can be seen from the moon.
- Belgium is the world’s leading exporter of billiard balls.
- The Big Bang theory originated in Belgium.
- Tomorrowland is the largest electronic dance music festival in the world.
How iShip it Right will help you move to Belgium.
We will help you with everything from getting an initial survey about the move. Therefore documents needed to flight affordability. Our agents will assist and guide you through your shipping process to make everything smooth.
- Your schedule: When do you need to be in Belgium.
- Real estate plans: Will you be buying or renting a property?
- Your household size: Are you moving with your family?
- You should list down every item from the goods separately on the inventory.
- If you are carrying Alcohol you have to carry with custom requirements.
- Diplomatic goods
- Diplomatic attestation and form 136F. You can get this form from the embassy/consulate.
- Wedding presents
- Marriage certificate.
- You should list down the marriage gift as an item in the inventory list.
- Inherited goods
- Attestation from a notary or certified copy of the declaration of succession.
- Death certificate (certified).
- Certificate from the town hall or place of residence of an heir.
- Passport (copy).
- Non-valued packing list signed by the customer (original).
- Copy of town hall registration (from Belgian commune of residence).
- Letter of employment (copy).
Packing Tips and Requirements
Before you make your final decision, it would be best if you took precautions measurement. Traveling to Belgium or any other country is difficult, therefore; causing it to the final step; please check these tips to make your move easier:
- Moving Day – Confirm your dates of action.
- Professional Packing: Hire professional packing teams. Such as iShip it right will do this for you.
- Get your documents ready and stamped.
- Cost of moving – please keep in mind. That what are the total expenses before making your final decisions?
- Make sure your moving company Insured your move.
Prohibited and Restricted Items
- Drugs and other narcotics.
- Meat, milk, and any items from non-EU countries.
- Protected species and products made from these species.
- Firearms (special permit required).
- Children food.
- Coats, fur, and leather shoes made from protected animals (will require special authorization).
- Fish (only allowed if disemboweled not weighing more than 20kg).
Motor Vehicle Regulations
If you are planning to move with your vehicle to Belgium, you will be needing these documents;
- Title of registration.
- Proof of insurance.
- Purchase invoice.
- List of technical details.
- Rabies Vaccination.
- Health care certificate.
Read more: TIPS FOR SHIPPING HEAVY MACHINERY OVERSEAS
Call Our International Moving Agents and also get help related to international shipping.