Moving to Spain from the U.S
Are you looking for a move to Spain? International moving is not a piece of cake. That’s why you have to make different measurements before making a final decision. It is a complex shipping process. You have required a lot of research, planning, and preparation.
There is much to consider when planning your move to Spain. Let iShip it right handle all of your tasks.
If you are moving to Spain, iShip it Right will aid you in every step of your overseas relocation.
10 Famous things in Spain
- Mediterranean Beaches
- Calat Alhambra
- Spanish Football
- Corrida De Toros (Bullfigting)
- Pablo Picasso
How iShip it Right will help you move to Spain.
We will help you with everything from getting an initial survey about the move, therefore documents needed to flight affordability. Our agents will assist and guide you through your shipping process to make everything smooth.
- Your schedule: When do you need to be in Spain.
- Real estate plans: Will you be buying or renting a property?
- Your household size: Are you moving with your family?
NOTE: CUSTOMS CLEARANCE FORMALITIES IN THE CANARY ISLANDS MAY VARY FROM SPAIN. CUSTOMERS ARE ADVISED TO CONTACT THE DESTINATION AGENT FOR DETAILS.
Used household items, goods can be duty-free if:
- The customer owns them for six months before coming to Spain.
- The customer proves his ownership so that he has a passport.
- They will remain in customer possession for over a year.
- You have to import goods no later than 12 months after the customer has obtained a Residence/Work Permit in Spain.
- Spanish identification Card.
- Residence Visa.
- Resident Work Permit (Original):
- The customer will show a bank guarantee statement if he/she does not have a work permit.
- Certificate of Origin/Certificate of residence Change.
- Letter of the employee, therefore, if you have any.
- Customs application for duty-free import.
- Letter authorizing destination agent to clear the shipment.
- You have to show the purchase invoices of inventories. Please keep them with you.
Packing Tips and Requirements
Before you make your final decision, it would be best if you took precautions measurement. Traveling to Spain or any other country is not easy, therefore; causing it to the final step, please check these tips to make your move easier:
- Moving Day – Confirm your dates of action.
- Professional Packing: Hire professional packing teams. Such as iShip it right will do this for you.
- Get your documents ready and stamped.
- Cost of moving – please keep in mind. that what are the total expenses before making your final decisions?
- Make sure your moving company Ensures your move.
- Drugs, for instance, illegal medicines.
- Pornographic material
- Cleaning fluids
- Weapons, for example, Guns, Ammunition.
- If you own any gun, then you have to get a special permit from Spanish Police.
- Tobacco Products.
- Foodstuff, antiques, art objects, and ammunition require special permits.
Motor Vehicle Rules & Regulations
- You are allowed a duty-free Vehicle but for a limited time(six months), for instance:
- After six months, you have to pay taxes and duties to get a permanent permit.
- If you have a vehicle, then it should be in your custody for more than six months.
- A temporary permit can be obtained at Customs (valid for six months).
- Customers must receive Spanish Vehicle Registration within this time.
Documents Require for motor vehicle shipment.
- Above all, a valid Passport.
- Purchase Invoice or Certificate of Ownership.
- Registration or Title.
- Circulation Permit.
- Tax Receipt.
- Liability Insurance (Valid and running).
- License plates from the country of origin.
- Identification Card (“Documento Nacional de Identidad”).
- Title issued under the owner’s name.
- Valid Insurance.
- Health and Vaccination Certificate (CONSULARIZED at origin) from veterinarian required. Such as you have to make sure that you have a pet’s vaccination in hand.
In conclusion, if you are traveling to Spain, you should bring all the documents to the exact custom center.
Call Our International Moving Agents and also get help related to international shipping.