Moving to Hungary. A complete relocation guide.
Suppose you are planning to move to Hungary. iShip it right will make your international move smooth and seamless.
So, there is much to consider when planning your move to Hungary. Let us help you plan your international move every step of the way.
Hungary is a landlocked country in central Europe. Hungary has a rich cultural and historical background. Well, they are known for being home to Lake Heviz, the largest thermal water lake in the world, as well as they, have the largest thermal water cave. Hungary is one of the top 30 best tourist locations globally; therefore, they have a large number of tourist visitors every year.
Ten interesting facts about Hungary:
- Hungary was once part of the Celtic world, then the Roman Empire. Following Rome’s fall, the Huns settled in Pannonia’s plains and gave their name to Hungary.
- Founded in 897, Hungary is one of the oldest countries in Europe.
- The Hungarian language is known as Magyar and is the direct descendent of the language spoken by the Huns.
- Around two-thirds of the Hungarian people are Roman Catholic, about a quarter are Calvinist.
- Hungary has one of the most important thermal spring cultures in Europe.
- Hungary has a long tradition of classical music with famous composers like Béla Bartók, Zoltán Kodály, and Franz Liszt.
- Literacy of the total population is 99%, which is more than enough.
- Hungary Spends 4.9% of GDP (2010) on Education.
- The University of Pécs, the oldest university in Hungary, was founded in 1367.
- Hungary is also reputed to host cultural events like Sziget Festival or Budapest Spring Festival.
How iShip it Right will help you move to Hungary.
We will help you with everything from getting an initial survey about the move, documents needed to flight affordability. Our agents will assist and guide you through your shipping process to make everything smooth.
- Your schedule: When do you need to be in Hungary.
- Real estate plans: Will you be buying or renting a property?
- Your household size: Are you moving with your family?
- Foreigners who have a valid Hungarian permit of residence will get duty-free on personal or used goods and items.
- If you are at the clearance center, you should have all the required documents. However, Documents should be in the Hungarian language.
Documents Require at Arrival
- Passport – copy
- Visa – from the Hungarian Embassy
- Bank Guarantee – original, from employing firms bank
- Letter of Guarantee – from the customer’s employer.
- Work Permit – original, to be issued in Hungary in advance
- Residence Permit – original, to be published in Hungary in advance, valid longer than one year
- Copy of rental or purchase agreement of residence
- Power of Attorney – actual, in Hungarian with two witness signatures
- Authorization Letter – allowing Destination Agent to clear the shipment.
Important Documents Returning Hungarian Citizen
- Hungarian Identity card -“Személyi Kártya” renewed/reissued by local Hungarian Police.
- Residence Card – “Lakcímkártya” issued by local Town Hall confirming customer’s address
- Authorization Letter – allowing Destination Agent to clear the shipment because this is very important.
- Statement from Hungarian Consulate or Embassy abroad attesting to customer’s stay abroad for over one year.
Packing Tips and Requirements
Before your final decision, it would be best if you took precautions measurement. Traveling to Hungary or any other country is not easy. So before making it to the final step, please check these tips to make your move easier:
- Moving Day – Confirm your dates of action.
- Professional Packing: Hire professional packing teams. Such as iShip it right will do this for you.
- Get your documents ready and stamped.
- Cost of moving – please keep in mind. that what are the total expenses before making your final decisions?
- Make sure your moving company Ensures your move.
- Pornographic Content
Motor Vehicle Rule
- If someone has a vehicle that is one year old, then the duty tax will be free.
- When Customs clears the car, they will issue a Hungarian Registration.
Documents Require for motor vehicle clearance.
- Copy of passport, Work permit Copy, as well as, Residence permit copy.
- Original registration papers
- Liability insurance (not offered by insurance companies for the U.S. made cars).
- Hungarian Power of Attorney (original with two witnesses’ signatures).
- Bank guarantee.
- Copy of driver’s license.
- A valid Veterinary Certificate from the origin country is required.
Call Our International Moving Agents and also get help related to international shipping.