Moving to Denmark! get a complete relocation guide
Planning your move to Denmark?
Moving to Denmark can be exciting but become stressful without proper moving guides.
Suppose you are planning a move to Denmark. Let iShip it Right assist you with every aspect of your relocation. And to ensure it is a seamless and hassle-free journey.
iShip it right will provide you with the best moving or relation guides to Denmark.
An international move requires thorough research and planning before starting your move. You will need a professional moving company.
Reasons to move to Denmark.
- Danish people and the Danish lifestyle.
- The living standards.
- History of Denmark.
- Healthcare System.
- They have one of the oldest and most well-liked monarchies in all of Europe.
- Incredible Architecture.
- University education is almost free.
- In Copenhagen, commuters have a biking superhighway.
- If you lose your job, the government will continue to pay 90% of your salary for up to TWO YEARS!
- Public Transportation.
- Denmark is the first country in Europe that stopped slavery. And also the first country that granted same-sex unions.
How iShip it Right will help you move to Denmark.
Our expert agents will help you with every single step and guide you with relocation to your new country.
- Your schedule: When do you need to be in Denmark.
- Real estate plans: Will you be buying or renting a property?
- Your household size: Are you moving with family?
- You can import all the goods and items duty-free. Items and goods you owned must be 12 months old.
- At the time of customs clearance. Customers should be in Denmark.
- Household goods and personal effects must be imported within one year of the customer’s arrival in Denmark.
- Items are not for sale. If you own an item, you pay duty tax. If you sell the imported item in Denmark, you will be fined.
- You are going to clear your customs tax on arrival.
- Work Permit.
- Valid Visa.
- Government Identification Card.
- Danish Customs Form (G55).
- Registration with the Danish National Register.
- Rental contract or lease contract providing proof of residency in Denmark.
- Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill.
- Complete list of inventory and packing list in English. Containing the contents of all boxes included in the shipment.
Contact iShip it Right agent to for Video survey to assess move size
Prohibited Restricted Items
- Explosives, Weapons.
- Danish Government approves medicines before entry.
- Narcotics, illegal drugs.
- Pornographic content/material.
- Any furs, skins, tusks, horns, or other similar animal products.
- There is a fine if you import live plants without Danish government approval.
Packing Tips and Requirements
Before your final decision. It would be best if you took precautions measurement. Travelling to Denmark or any other country is not easy. So before making it to the final step, please check these tips to make your move easier:
- Moving Day – Confirm your dates of move.
- Professional Packing – Hire professional packing teams. Such as iShip it right will do this for you.
- Get your documents ready and stamped.
- Cost of moving – please keep it in mind. that what are the total expenses before making your final decisions?
- Make sure your moving company ensures your move.
Motor Vehicle Rules
- All the vehicles that will come to Denmark should be duty-free. But they have to pay a registration tax too.
- All vehicles must be in the owner’s possession for at least six months before importation.
- Once the vehicle has been cleared through Customs. The customer must register the vehicle within 14 days.
- All vehicles must pass a technical examination before being allowed to apply for tax registration.
- The following documents are required when importing a vehicle:
- Original certificate of title and vehicle registration.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Insurance card.
- All the animals come to Denmark; before arrival, you give your animal vaccination; otherwise, they will not enter.
- Your animal must own a health certificate.
- A veteran doctor should sign the health certificate.
- All endangered species and exotic animals are prohibited.
Read more: The impact of Covid 19 on Logistics.