Moving to Australia? Important information for International moving.
Suppose you are thinking about moving to Australia. There are more things to know about life in Australia. Aussie culture is so much more than beer, barbecues, and hot weather. Also, the International move requires a lot of research, planning, preparation to ensure that your goods arrive safely in your unfamiliar country. Before you can do anything, let iShip it right assist you with logistics moving to Australia.
If you are moving to Australia, iShip it Right will aid you in every step of your overseas relocation.
Australia is the smallest continent but the largest country on the earth. Lying between the Pacific and Indian oceans in the southern hemisphere.
Australia’s capital is Canberra, in the southeast between the larger and more important economic and cultural centers of Sydney and Melbourne.
Australia is home to the world’s 13th largest economy and has the 9th highest per capita GDP—higher than the United Kingdom, Canada, Germany, United States, France, and Japan. The country handles several incredible inventions, like the plastic disposable syringe and the bionic ear.
10 interesting facts about Australia
- The Australian Alps get more snow than the Swiss Alps.
- 90% of Australians live on the coast.
- Australia is the driest of any continent on earth other than Antarctica.
- Tasmania has the cleanest air in the world.
- The Great Barrier Reef is the largest eco-system in the world.
- Australia is the only continent covered by a single country.
- Australia has over 60 separate wine regions.
- Fraser Island is the largest sand island in the world.
- Two native Australian animals, Platypus and Echidnas, are the only two mammals in the world that lay eggs to give birth.
- Indian Pacific train has the longest straight section of train track in the world.
How iShip it Right will help you move to Australia.
We will help you with everything from getting an initial survey about the move, therefore documents needed to flight affordability. Our agents will assist and guide you through your shipping process to make everything smooth.
- Your schedule: When do you need to be in Australia.
- Real estate plans: Will you be buying or renting a property?
- Your household size: Are you moving with your family?
- You will get duty free on imported goods, items, products. Only if you have owned these items for over twelve months.
- You can clear the custom regulation on your goods, even if you arrive after your goods. But you have to keep all the documents in order.
- Copy of Passport.
- Detail Inventory, including values(in English).
- Custom form B534. Download Here.
- Authority of Act form.
- List of contents from the owner only if the owner packed the goods.
- Receipts for goods not owned and used for at least 12 months.
Packing Tips and Requirements
Before you make your final decision, it would be best if you took precautions measurement. Traveling to Australia or any other country is difficult, therefore; causing it to the final step, please check these tips to make your move easier:
- Moving Day – Confirm your dates of action.
- Professional Packing: Hire professional packing teams. Such as iShip it right will do this for you.
- Get your documents ready and stamped.
- Cost of moving – please keep in mind. That what are the total expenses before making your final decisions?
- Make sure your moving company Ensures your move.
- Drugs & Narcotics.
- Pornographic Content.
- Fresh fruits and vegetables.
- All meat and dairy products.
- Most animals including wildlife and endangered species.
- Animal products such as ivory, skins, feathers, bones, shells.
- Plants, seeds, plant dried flowers, etc.
- Firearms, Ammunition, Guns, Explosives.
- Radio Transmitters.
- Performance and image-enhancing drugs.
- Currency ($10,000 Australian dollars or more).
- Medicines that may be subject to misuse, abuse, or dependence letter.
- Wildlife products.
Motor Vehicle Rules
- Purchase invoice.
- Car title.
- A certificate that auto meets technical specifications and is in good running order
- Customer who owns vehicle: Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident.
- Before clearing your vehicle. Use the vehicle for over twelve months.
- Customers have a driving license and age above 18.
- The customer complies with road safety requirements.
- All vehicles intended to be imported, including motor vehicles, motorcycles, caravans, trailers, etc. must have an individual “Vehicle Import Approval” prior to their arrival in Australia.
- The importation of motor vehicles into Australia is strictly controlled and there are no duty/GST free concessions available—all motor vehicles will be subject to duty and/or GST calculated on the value of the vehicle.
- High-value vehicles will have a Luxury Car Tax.
- The customer must be in Australia at the time of auto clearance to avoid bonded storage charges and demurrage.
- If you are a left hand driven vehicle, therefore, get a temporary permit from the department of road safety.
- B357 Form (Statement for Vehicle Imported by a Passenger)
- Bill of Sale
- Certificate of Steam Cleaning
- Current Passport.
- Import Permit.
- Original purchase and registration papers.
- Insurance Policy.
- Driver’s license.
- Car condition Report.
- Authorization from the Federal Office of Road Safety.
- Strict regulations and quarantine apply.
- Length of quarantine will depend upon the type of animal and country of origin.
- Proof of inoculation required.
- Import Permit from the Australian Quarantine and Inspection Service required therefore bring the permit card with you.
- Birds not allowed, similarly to animals.
Read more: Moving to Spain from the U.S
Call Our International Moving Agents and also get help related to international shipping.