Step by step guide to international moving with a checklist
Moving across borders and different countries can become stressful if you do not know where to start. A complete checklist or step by step guide for your international moving is a must thing. Read this article to find out everything you need while moving or shipping internationally.
We will discuss step by step moving tips with a complete checklist.
Two or three months before your moving
- First of all, you must decide what you will do with your current housing. You want to sell it, lease it, or rent it out.
- Make arrangements for housing in your new state, region, or country.
- If you are moving for work reasons, make sure when your family drives after.
- Choose your international moving company and make an international moving arrangement.
- Apply for Visas, work permits, and other documentation.
- Perform complete research for the host country.
- Give notice to your child’s school and request school reports and documentation.
- Keep in mind the complications of traveling due to Covid-19.
- Insurance Coverage Tips for Your International Move.
One month before international moving
- Notify your post office about the change of your residence address.
- Change the address on your bank account, credit cards, billing accounts.
- Verify whether your bank has an international branch in your host country.
- Transfer any subscription you have, which is limited to your current country.
- Order any prescriptions you may need to bring with you: contact lenses, medications, etc.
- Consider sending a smaller shipment of essential items ahead of your move so they will be there before you arrive.
Three to Two weeks before international moving
- Separate the fewer essential items that will stay behind after your move.
- Send out change of address notification to your friends and family.
- Enjoy your time with your friends and family, arrange a big meal plan or event so that you can remember every moment before you leave.
- Take your pets to be immunized and obtain travel documents for them.
- Make sure you have no pending bills.
- Continue making a list of inventories and items.
- Begin packing your belongings.
- Move items that will be left behind to the storage facility.
- Donate the leftover items.
One week before international moving
- Continue to pack and purchase last-minute items.
- Make an inventory list of items. The things will move along with you.
Two days before your international move
- Bring all the necessary documents together.
- Clean your home.
- Continue packing last-minute items.
- Withdraw cash that you will need during your travel. Cash exchange currency if you are moving to a country that had extra money.
- Pick up and drop off any last-minute things: books to the library, pick up dry cleaning, etc.
- Travel documents
- Birth certificate
- Marriage certificate
- Divorce papers
- Child custody papers
- Adoption papers
- Drivers licenses
- Medical records
- School/university transcripts
- Pets/animals vaccine certificate.
- Insurance policies and legal documents: tax records, power of attorney, last will and testament, bank statements.
Call Our International Moving Agents and also get help related to international shipping.